Google is launching a new Classroom-branded mobile app aimed at boosting digital collaboration between teachers and students. Google Apps for Education counts more than 40 million students, teachers and administrators among its user base, according to the Internet giant's estimates last fall. Classroom itself, which is part of the larger initiative, debuted roughly six months ago in an effort to make Google Apps for Education simpler for educators to use. Some of the use cases and settings, according to the Mountain View, Calif.-headquarted corporation, range from a primary school in rural Australia to a school with no IT support in Mexico. Among the available features for educators include helping students keep track of upcoming assignments followed by the ability for instructors to mark assignments as "done" upon completion. Since launching, more than 30 million assignments have gone through Classroom, noted Jorge Lugo, a software engineer on the Google for Education Classroom team, in a blog post on Wednesday. The mobile version of Classroom, Lugo explained, is designed to further facilitate communications between teachers and students, namely through the addition of a teacher assignments page and the ability to archive classes.
Classroom is a free service for schools, non-profits, and anyone with a personal Google account. Classroom makes it easy for learners and instructors to connect—inside and outside of schools. Classroom saves time and paper, and makes it easy to create classes, distribute assignments, communicate, and stay organized.
There are many benefits to using Classroom:
• Easy to set up – Teachers can add students directly or share a code with their class to join. It takes just minutes to set up.
• Saves time – The simple, paperless assignment workflow allows teachers to create, review and mark assignments quickly, all in one place.
• Improves organization – Students can see all of their assignments on an assignments page, and all class materials (e.g., documents, photos, and videos) are automatically filed into folders in Google Drive.
• Enhances communication – Classroom allows teachers to send announcements and start class discussions instantly. Students can share resources with each other or provide answers to questions on the stream.
• Affordable and secure – Like the rest of G Suite for Education services, Classroom contains no ads, never uses your content or student data for advertising purposes, and is free.
Diese Seite zeigt Reviews von populärer Software. Die Software finden Sie bei den offiziellen Publisher Webseiten, im Google Playstore oder Apples Appstore.
Klick hier um den Link zu kopieren!